is this true or... ?

David Lesher wb8foz at nrk.com
Sun Mar 30 15:22:08 UTC 2003

> Uhm, I don't think you can blame the legislators for this one.  Almost
> identical legislation being introduced in six different states?  I suspect
> an outside influence was involved in drafting the proposed legislation.

It is amazing how many in the public think their legislators
actually draft those laws that get voted upon. In realty, many
bills are presented to the Hill Critter by the lobbyist; be it
one from an ILEC, the FBI [excuse me, we call those "Legislative
Affairs Branch employees"], drug company, Perdue, Ashcroft, etc.

Sure the words might get massaged a little, later on, but....
And in all cases, remember the lesson of Watergate:
	Follow The Money
to figure out where the bill came from initially.

A host is a host from coast to coast.................wb8foz at nrk.com