State Super-DMCA Too True

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rkjnanog at ieg.com.br
Sun Mar 30 09:25:19 UTC 2003

| If you price your product on the assumption that the average customer only
| uses 5% of their bandwidth then it doesn't take many customers using 50%
| or 100% of it to really spoil your economics.

Turn this assumption a part of the service: place a monthly transfer limit
of some gigabytes. This will also scare p2p heavy-users and leave you with
the high-margin low-usage customers.

| Banning NAT and servers is a simple way to filter out most of the "power
| users" without scaring the "mom and pop" customers with bandwidth and
| download quotas.

NAT doesn't always imply simultaneous users. Many people use it for
security, I personally use for a 2-computer network with my desktop and my
notebook, but never use both at the same time...

Rubens