Verizon mail server on MAPS RSS list

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Mar 28 16:04:27 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Josh Gentry wrote:

> We've got customers trying to receive email from people using Verizon for
> Internet acess, and we are rejecting that mail because
> out013pub.verizon.net [206.46.170.44] is on the MAPS RSS list.  Can't pull
> up the MAPS RSS website at the moment to check why.  Anyone know contact
> info for Verizon for this kind of issue?

This server is an open relay. It's been on RSS since Sept. It's also on
njabl.org, and their web site is responding more quickly.

Verizon has been contacted many times about this and either doesn't care or
just doesn't know how to fix it.  In fact, the MAPS page has a specific
message that they must be contacted by a Verizon rep to have it removed.

It will relay for anyone who gives a @verizon.net return address.