DNS dDos Attack!

Dan Armstrong dan at beanfield.com
Fri Mar 28 14:28:48 UTC 2003

Sorry, I lied.  We are running 8.34Release

What I cannot figure out is why *our* name server is sending out ICMP
unreachables.  The incoming dns queries are coming from random
destinations....

I have blocked icmp 3 incoming from that DMZ as not to overwhelm the CEF in
any other routers, but whoever is doing this has this name server at it's
knees.

Dan.