Verizon mail server on MAPS RSS list

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Mar 28 03:56:08 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Josh Gentry wrote:

> We've got customers trying to receive email from people using Verizon for
> Internet acess, and we are rejecting that mail because
> out013pub.verizon.net [206.46.170.44] is on the MAPS RSS list.  Can't pull
> up the MAPS RSS website at the moment to check why.  Anyone know contact
> info for Verizon for this kind of issue?

MAPS RSS is a list of open relays, no?  It's a pretty good guess that the
above mentioned server is therefore an open relay...and it's a correct one
in this case.

http://www.njabl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.cgi?query=206.46.170.44
http://openrbl.org/ip/206/46/170/44.htm

If you're going to use a dnsbl, anybody's dnsbl, figure out how to
whitelist first (or real soon after), because this sort of thing will
happen from time to time.

 Atlantic Net                |