how to get people to upgrade? (Re: The weak link? DNS)

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Mar 26 18:12:11 UTC 2003

: Correct.  Human behavior won't change.  The pain must exceed the
: inertia.
:
: Sounds familiar.  Have we seen this before?
:
: Outdated bogon filters... old software... spam... needless route
: deaggregation... broken smurf filters... ingress/egress
: filtering...

router> en
Password:

router# conf t

router(config)#  force-conformity-or-else-great-pain

router(config)#^Z

router# wr mem
router#.Write startup-config in progress.
.Write startup-config done.

router#exit
router>exit

It truly is the only answer.  It's how I handle things on my network.
Make it painful and they remember.  Otherwise they don't.  Period.

;-) scott