Syn Flood

Christopher Bird seabird at msn.com
Wed Mar 26 03:55:41 UTC 2003

I have a problem on a home PC of all things. Every once in a while it
bursts into life and syn floods an IP address on port 80. The IP
addresses it chooses are random and varied. The network counters ratchet
up alarmingly (as viewed in the connections window). I am running winXP
Pro on this box.

I have zone alarm, an SMC Barricade firewall, and Norton anti virus.

I don't seem to be able to catch the computer at it, I just have the
evidence after the event. I don't like the anti social behavior that
this is exhibiting and am wondering if the collective wisdom of this
group might have any ideas how to track the issue down.

According to virus checkers, I am clean.

Thanks in advance

Chris Bird