OT: Notebooks /w a serial port?

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Sat Mar 22 02:39:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, joe mcguckin wrote:

> Buy a MAC Powerbook. I just purchased a 12" PB as a backup to my 15" TiBook
> and for folks around the office to use for field use. With a USB serial
> adaptor and Zterm (shareware terminal emulator) it works great.

conserver is a great command line solution.

.cshrc:

alias console "sudo /usr/local/etc/conserver.rc start; sleep 2; \
	/usr/local/bin/console -p 1025 -M 127.0.0.1 serial; sudo \
	/usr/local/etc/conserver.rc stop"

I didn't like zterm...

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, Inc.                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access