OT: Notebooks /w a serial port?

Dominic J. Eidson sauron at the-infinite.org
Fri Mar 21 22:01:55 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Drew Weaver wrote:

> 	Seems like these are all but extinct, but does anyone know of a
> 'new' notebook that has a serial port built onto it? I've found some that

Most of the notebooks I've looked at lately, had standard 9-pin serial
ports on the back - they were mostly Dell's.

Also, the Zaurus'es have a serial port - we're in the process of doing an
eval on a Zaurus with serial cable, ether and/or 802.11 card - should make
for an interesting network troubleshooting tool.

> have port replicators, but that can be a pain when you need to serial into a
> router or some other device. What do you guys use?

Dell laptop of unrememberable model.

 - d.

--
Dominic J. Eidson