Initial network impacts post-US attack 3/19/03

Stretch stretch at houston.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 05:21:41 UTC 2003

I've noticed a small upswing in traffic over the last hour or two, and not
to the usual "midnight browsing frenzy" locations.

CNN, Yahoo, MSN, etc., all seem to be responding as usual (CNN had more
latency at noon. Go figure.)

As for sites in Iraq... I feel for the poor tech who pulled "cable rat" duty
this week on whatever colo/CO facilities they have. or had. :-(