Problems with AT&T

Truman, Michelle, SALES mtruman at att.com
Wed Mar 19 20:39:10 UTC 2003

If someone can identify what you are actually seeing, I'll check into
it.
If you are experiencing drops or slow traces, only through the core,
there is an issue with excessive de-prioritization of ICMP control
message with a particular router type (vendcor) in the core. End to end
data flow has not seemed to be affected but trace and ping core
latencies are looking very wierd. I've been asking customers to use
trace only for path detail and to use end to end ping for any
performance data.

Yes, the core is MPLS enabled. Diffserv acted on only at the edges
though.

Michelle

Michelle Truman   CCIE # 8098
Principal Technical Consultant