Co-lo best practices on IP allocations

marc van hoof mvh at marcvanhoof.com
Tue Mar 18 23:56:20 UTC 2003

Be careful on charging for it...

I know of cases where adult-websites/spammers (who have more money than
they know what to do with) will buy 8 class-C's and when one gets
blacklisted, they move onto the next... by the time they're on the 8th,
the 1st is available again...

If you make it a policy to charge for IP, people will not pay as much
attention to the "as much as you can justify" comment. If it's free,
people respect the conditions.

If you can get them to respect the conditions AND pay you for it, that's
the best situation...

hope this helps,
-marc.