APNIC returning 223/8 to IANA

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Mon Mar 17 06:11:06 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, John Tran wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> APNIC is in the process of handling back the 223/8 which we received from IANA
> in February 2003. Please see the email below for more information.

Anybody else think IANA should tell APNIC to take what was issued and
STFU? I mean, come on, you're want a different /8 because a single /24 at
the very end was reserved? And you're trying to convince us that the
intelligent people in the AP have no way of coming to grips with the
concept of "RESERVED"?

Hell, just allocate that single /24 back to IANA and nobody has to deal
with the earth shattering difficulty of translating RESERVED.

Somebody has to deal with the issue of breaking the pretty aggregation due
to the /24 at the end. Why does APNIC feel it shouldn't be them that must
deal with this small problem? That region of the net certainly causes its
share of problems.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access