Put part of Google on 69/8 (was Re: 69/8...this [degenerate linguistic usage elided)

Dr. Jeffrey Race jrace at attglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 08:50:22 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:58:50 -0500, Vivien M. wrote:
>I wonder if perhaps a solution would be doing something I saw a gentleman
>from China, IIRC, do on this list quite a while ago. He had added (Mr.)
>his .sig to make it easy for people to figure out his gender. Perhaps
this
>would be an easyish way to somewhat-subtly warn people of the correct
>gender?

Female personal-status-specific honorifics (Miss, Mrs.) used
to be essential elements of any signature block, at least for written
correspondence, in the days when persons honored one another.  Lack
of such an honorific implied not female. Now it's just 'Hi $first_name'.
I'm glad I'm on the way out.

Jeffrey Race