Getting a Host Record

Crist J. Clark crist.clark at attbi.com
Thu Mar 13 01:25:15 UTC 2003

I'm feeling really dumb asking this, but how does one get host info
out of Network Solutions WHOIS these days?

I want to look up the contact info on a host. I can get the IP from
the hostname and vice-versa along with the registrar, but I can't
figure out how to get the full record. "Nameserver" queries don't seem
to work on whois.networksolutions.com anymore, and the records for
zones that I know use the server no longer include the NIC handle for
the nameservers.

How do I get the record? Or get the NIC handle to get the record
through WHOIS? (And I though netsol _used to_ suck. Thank goodness
ICANN is saving us all.)
Crist J. Clark                     |     cjclark at alum.mit.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~cjc/    |     cjc at freebsd.org