69/8...this sucks

Larry J. Blunk ljb at merit.edu
Tue Mar 11 21:00:33 UTC 2003

  Appologies for the poor attempt at humor...  However, there
is some useful content at the end of the message.

  Essentially, I think this is one of those problems that can
never fully be solved.  Just as we will never get every last
worm-infected host off the network.

  The best that we can do is provide procedures for those who
filter on unallocated space so than can keep their
filters updated on a timely and accurate basis.

  For those who do not wish to use such procedures, we
should stridently urge them to filter only on martians,
not unallocated space.

 -Larry Blunk
  Merit