Issue with 208.192.0.0/8 - 208.196.93.0/24?

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Tue Mar 11 15:44:24 UTC 2003

Easy, question..

Sure I could do that, I could run NMAP, Nessus, or any number of probes
to check the validity of the host reachability. N-Stealth... and the list goes on.
BUT if a host is denying pings from the world round and it stops trace a couple hops away
maybe a BOGON filter or ACL or........

Well If I can't http to it, and I can't ping it from multiple peering points, there
is a filter somewhere..  It can't even be accessed via the Worldcom UUNet network..
HMMMM..
Yeah you can telnet to it... Yeah I got to it via telnet...
Anyway.. Normally if you can't Ping it and can't HTTP to a web server....