Move all 9-1-1 to 8-5-5

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Mar 11 14:40:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Mark Segal wrote:

> Yes.. But most people don't run translations for all NPA-NXXs on their 4
> line PBX....

And your misconfigured PBX won't likely stop me from calling you...just
you from calling me.  Bad bogon filters stop or prevent traffic in both
directions.

If anyone has a better idea for shifting the burden to and thus creating
motivation for those with broken filters to fix them now, by all means,
share your idea.

If you don't have a better idea yet, go ask ARIN for some space.  They
have lots of 69/8 left.  Maybe when you're in the club, you'll be more
motivated to think of ways to quickly encourage others to fix their
networks.

 Atlantic Net                |