scope of the 69/8 problem

Cutler, James R james.cutler at eds.com
Mon Mar 10 23:58:29 UTC 2003

RE:  "If the roots and gTLDs are truly unwilling to help..."

The cost of installing entirely new root hints files on every
Internet-attached name server around the world is ridiculously large.  It
has nothing to do with willing.

Perhaps, if the problem were defined in proper terms, and a solution
involving moving, for example, .net or .org to the blackballed space were
made to the registry/DNS owners, a discussion of real possible events could
ensue.

In the meantime, most of the discussion in this thread is wasted time and
going to the wrong targets.

-
James R. Cutler,  EDS
800 Tower Drive, Troy, MI 48098