69/8...this sucks

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Mon Mar 10 23:20:11 UTC 2003

Hi, NANOGers.

] I bet for example we could get Rob Thomas to update his templates to
] include scarier warnings...

For the right amount of coffee, I just might.  ;)  Seriously, I'm all for
it.  Here is what I have on the Bogon List page:

   NOTE WELL!  IANA allocations change over time, so please check
   back regularly to ensure you have the latest filters.  I do
   announce updates to my templates in the FIRST community, as
   well as on lists such as NANOG, isp-routing, isp-security,
   isp-bgp, and cisco-nsp.  I can not stress this point strongly
   enough - these allocations change, as often as every four
   months.  If you do not adjust your filters, you will be unable
   to access perhaps large portions of the Internet.  You have
   been warned!

I don't know how much it helps, but it's there.  I don't mind including
it in all of the templates, monitoring, and bogon data feeds.

Thanks,
Rob.
--
Rob Thomas