69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Mon Mar 10 20:26:40 UTC 2003

<SNIP>
>Oh, I agree that there are times when BGP is used in a single uplink
>scenario, but it is not common. However, someone pointed me to
>ip verify
>unicast source reachable-via any which seems to be available
>on some of the
>cisco Service provider releases. It's an interesting concept
>and I'm itching
>to play with it. If you aren't in my routing table, then why
>accept the IP
>address?
>
>-Jack

Well, If you don't access my address and I happen to be
a poor ole 69/8 or <FILL IN NEW NET BLOCK HERE>
then your customers may not be able to get to me...
But there are an aweful lot of ifs to this ^^^^^^^^^^.
And I don't remember that command syntax at all....

Yea, I want to test that too..
Maybe I can make a visit to the local Cisco office and borrow
some time in the Lab.... I want to see this is action, and how it
may affect my routing... or maybe I can get a quick answer from the local
CCIEs...

Hey have you checked the Feature Navigator and seen which versions it
is in?  Catch me off-list....

Later,