69/8...this sucks

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at five-elements.com
Mon Mar 10 20:23:52 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 23:15, Jack Bates wrote:
> In defense of ARIN, the ice on a net block has to be broken at some point.
> They could wait 3 years and notify every list every hour of every day for
> those 3 years and there would still be many networks filtering those
> networks. The only way to catch it is to notice the block and make contact
> with the network. In many cases, personal contact is necessary as emails are
> often misunderstood or ignored.
I repeat my suggestion that a number of DNS root-servers or gtld-servers
be renumbered into 69/8 space.  If the DNS "breaks" for these neglected
networks, I suspect they will quickly get enough clue to fix their ACLs.

Add Eddy's suggestion that the addresses all end in .0 or .255 and you
have a fine machine for cleaning up a few old, irritating problems.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at five-elements.com>