69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

Mark Segal MSegal at FUTUREWAY.CA
Mon Mar 10 15:54:36 UTC 2003

> From: E.B. Dreger [mailto:eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net]
>
> The problem with only a default:  Think when a rogue ISP
> decides to advertise an unused netblock and utilize that IP
> space for malicious purposes.  A route exists... do we trust it?
But that kinda filtering should be done at BGP route ingress by, you, or the
transit provider of choice.

I'm not suggesting that a default is the only way.  It just happens to be a
good lazy way for the people who can't seem to find the time to check the
IANA web page at least once a quarter.. :).

Regards,
Mark

--
Mark Segal