923 Mbps across the Ocean ...

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Fri Mar 7 21:52:13 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:57:22PM -0500, Eric Germann wrote:
> >

> > http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/03/07/speed.record/index.html
> >
> > Comments folks?
>
> I can only hope that the researchers actually spent $2000-$4000 on moving
> the gigabit of data, pocketed the rest, and are now living in a tropical
> foreign country with lots and lots of drugs and women, because anything
> else would just be too sad for me to contemplate.

Maybe that's why the two endpoints are LA and Amsterdam?

Neither is tropical, but they have plenty of drugs and women.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access