923 Mbps across the Ocean ...

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Mar 7 21:44:14 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Dave Israel wrote:

> Yeah.  Give me a million dollars, plus fiber from here to anywhere,
> and let me muck with the TCP algorithm, and I can move a gig-e worth
> of traffic, too.

Doing the 923 Mbps for one stream may be non-trivial (heck, even doing
110 MB per second sustained to/from disk isn't trivial) but the real
challenge would be having two of those setups each try to do 1 Gbps over
a single connecting while sharing the 1 Gbps link without any slowdowns.
(And no fair having 20 MB interface buffers in the routers.)