spamcop.net?

Lou Katz lou at metron.com
Tue Mar 4 21:46:08 UTC 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 02:52:06PM -0500, blitz wrote:

> The only disadvantage I see, is a single point of failure, and a point for
> concentration of attacks.
>
> Marc

Also, it centralizes POWER! There are many different lists with different
policies and criteria. Some are based on technically verifiable issues
(I can prove that x.y.z.q is a promiscuous relay), some are based on
the attitude of the owner of the domain name or netblock, some on
past record. You can pick and choose which one(s) meet the needs of
your network and operation. Using these lists is a policy question for
the network, and I would not like some external, probably unaccountable
single point of policy.

--

-=[L]=-