Over three million computers 0wned?

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Mon Jun 30 20:42:00 UTC 2003

> The unanswered question is what should be considered reasonable?  And
> how much of a burden should the end-user carry?

Plugging into the network is like owning a house. You're at the edge of a
public network, whether it be a road or a wire. Just as you lock your
front door, there needs to be a way to lock your computer. It is up to the
OS vendor to provide some user friendly means to access and secure ones
computer.

>From a provider point of view, computer security is reactive, just like
our local police force. You call them once your own space has been
compromised to assist in catching the intruder.

Adi