National Do Not Call Registry has opened

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Mon Jun 30 16:17:25 UTC 2003

>>Q: If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it
stop all telemarketing calls?

>>A: No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will
stop most, but not all, telemarketing calls. >>Some businesses are exempt
>>from the national registry and still can call you even if you place your
number on it. Exempt businesses include:

>>long-distance phone companies
>>airlines
>>banks and credit unions; and
>>the business of insurance, to the extent that it is regulated by state
law.

>All the above text has now disappeared from their site !
>--
>Roland Perry, LINX

Ohmigod!

Now we not only have to contend with hackers, virus writers and script
kiddies, we must also quake in our boots for fear of the dreaded *EDITOR*!
What is this world coming to?

How on earth can a 'body be expected to run a network when editors are out
there, changing the words that have been written!?

--Michael Dillon
<yawn>