National Do Not Call Registry has opened and Yahoo isn't blocking it

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Sat Jun 28 06:04:24 UTC 2003

>Next time there's a project like this that's going to
>have a big first day spike it'd make sense to do load shedding and
>divert peak traffic to a server that says "sorry, we're overloaded,
>please come back tomorrow and don't panic because you have until the
>end of July to sign up and be on the first release of the list."  That
>and fix the rDNS and price out some alternatives to Redmond Bloatware,
>of course.

...and ask the questions asked here (much!) more than a few hours
prior to the event start/spike.

Coming here to ask what was asked was obviously a smart move by Mr.
Callahan, but one and a half days prior to launch was way too late to
successfully implement any of the (very good) advice given.

--chuck

Were there mistakes? Yes. Only those who don't act don't make
mistakes. But to organize well --- *that* is a difficult task.
                                     -- Lenin, April 24, 1917