companies like microsoft and telia...

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jun 26 06:23:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Paul Vixie wrote:

> excuse me, telia, but your customers are spamming me, and i have no plans to
> teach lartomatic (my homebrew complaintbot) how to log into your web site.
> it is the year 2003, and you bloody well need to learn how to accept complaints
> about YOUR CUSTOMERS using a format that is most convenient to THE VICTIMS.
> (and you should be THANKING US FOR IT since we are DOING YOUR WORK FOR YOU.)

I agree, I was furious as well when I first noticed it. They're doing it
because a lot of people cannot report abuse in the proper way so they're
punishing all of us. What they get out of it is automatic tracing of who
did what when (because the date and IP is in a known format).

Perhaps someone could write a bcp for an email-form that lays out the same
information so we can make the complaints use this format and all abuse
departments can accept using this form, to get some structure to it?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se