Major E-mail Delivery for FTC DNCR Launch

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at habeas.com
Thu Jun 26 02:18:33 UTC 2003

Oops..2nd time, sorry - had to resub to NANOG and hadn't actually
sent the sub to -post.

> Except possibly don't use the word "spam", or anything else that is
> liable to trip SpamAssassin and friends into giving your messages a
> high score (so references to abdominal anatomy and cable tv decoders
> are also probably unwise :).
>
> I'm frequently surprised that more people don't run their (legitimate,
> opt-in, whatever) bulk mail through SpamAssassin before they send it
> in order to see how spam-like it looks. I'm forever having to pick
> itineraries and electronic tickets from airlines out of my spam
> folder.

Send them to us;  we're happy to tell them to use Habeas. :-)

(SpamAssassin is a partner, and whitelists mail using our
headers, so those itineraries and e-tickets will sail through  SpamAssassin, along
with about 3 dozen other ISP and spam filter  partners :-)   Of course, if it's
mailing list mail, it *has* to be  confirmed opt-in.]

Anne