Major E-mail Delivery for FTC DNCR Launch

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Thu Jun 26 01:49:59 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003, at 21:25 Canada/Eastern, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> * Put in the e-mail a clear, short, easy to read over the phone
>   link (http://www.yoursite.com/spam.html) that describes what
>   action on the web site sends these e-mails, how to identify an
>   e-mail as actually coming from the site, and where to report any
>   sort of mailbombing (back to the first point).

Except possibly don't use the word "spam", or anything else that is
liable to trip SpamAssassin and friends into giving your messages a
high score (so references to abdominal anatomy and cable tv decoders
are also probably unwise :).

I'm frequently surprised that more people don't run their (legitimate,
opt-in, whatever) bulk mail through SpamAssassin before they send it in
order to see how spam-like it looks. I'm forever having to pick
itineraries and electronic tickets from airlines out of my spam folder.

Joe