more on lame-delegation.org, seems to waste IP space and DNS

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Jun 17 13:39:55 UTC 2003

> > For all top-level domains you can register a domain and not have any
> > name servers specified for it. In whois it'll say exactly that -
> > "no nameservers".
>
> Not correct, registrar and registry agreements require at least two
> name servers.
Unless I'm mistaken (which is doubtfull considering how often I see whois
results with "no nameserver" in crsnic whois) this is not the case. In
fact I remember hearing about removing requirement to have two
nameservers back in 1999 when things where still being handled only by
NSI and ICANN was non-existant.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Communications Inc.