IPv6

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Jun 15 22:55:02 UTC 2003

Vadim Antonov wrote:
> Now I'm officially a crank because i fail to see why IPv6 is any better
> than slightly perked up IPv4 - except for the bottom line of box vendors
> who'll get to sell more of the new boxes doing essentially the same thing.

Then, let's draw a distinction between the generally positive to
can't-really-see-the-point attitude range which most people have towards
ipv6 and the unparalleled derision and invective which the OSI camp was
subjected to by large sections of the community before the final nails
were hammered into its coffin.  Most people do not feel that ipv6 is a
bad thing which should be put out of its misery with unseemly haste,
even if the same people may tend to feel apathetic about it.

Nick