DNS resolution to Yahoo.

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Jun 13 18:38:51 UTC 2003

-- On Friday, June 13, 2003 13:18 -0500
-- Ejay Hire <ejay.hire at isdn.net> supposedly wrote:

> Yahoo uses akamai technology (bgp path analysis) to determine what
> content server is "closest" to a given host and bases its' dns response
> on that data.  You could contact Akamai and, explain your network, and
> see if they can make the necessary adjustments, or if you are large
> enough ask them to drop a couple of servers in your site.  (or they may
> want you to send them a BGP feed)

It is a bit more complex that BGP path analysis. :)

But we are happy to work with you to make things faster / better.

Any particular reason you have a problem with multiple answers?  We do it
intentionally for several reasons (e.g. load balancing and redundancy).  It
is fully RFC compliant and has been working well for many years now on most
of the large web sites on the Internet.

--
TTFN,
patrick