AC/AC power conversion for datacenters

Matthew Zito mzito at gridapp.com
Tue Jun 3 18:20:27 UTC 2003

Hello,

This is marginally related to the power discussions earlier, but does
anyone know of a product that steps up 120V AC to 220V AC and is
reasonably datacenter-friendly?  We're looking at an environment where
there's no 220V available - but we only need ~7 amps so conversion could
be possible to my high-school-physics mind.  I've found some products
that seem to be appropriate, but they're geared towards a more
industrial purpose.  Is there a rackmount 120->220V converter that
people out there have used and would recommend?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito