AS1880 - AS1883 - What are they?

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Tue Jun 3 14:16:37 UTC 2003

Jeffrey Meltzer wrote:

> Appears to be Peter Lothberg, I guess it is legit..

Ha!  Knowing him, more likely to be a joke than legit!

> http://www.stupi.se
>
> How about next time we do a quick lookup, and maybe try and contact the
> listed contact before wasting everyones time?

Maybe that's good advice in general, but this was a nice humorous
anecdote that brought back fond memories....  I remember his high
bandwidth link -- to the bathroom (T3? OC3?).

There's an old tradition of interesting names for our networks, long
lost in the commercialization of the Internet.  Mine were fairly
prosaic dream.net (192.138.173.0) and dreamer.net (192.138.226.0) --
names stolen years ago by domain hijackers (I still announce the
address blocks from time to time).  Of course, there were those that
castigated me for having a couple of "valuable" class C's -- in my
living room....

--
William Allen Simpson