Non-GPS derived timing sources (was Re: NTp sources that work in a datacenter)

Roland Perry roland at linx.net
Mon Jun 2 15:47:22 UTC 2003

In message <3EDB5DBF.7070006 at aol.net>, N. Richard Solis
<nrsolis at aol.net> writes
>You can go out and get yourself a nice Cesium source (like the ones
>in orbit) that will give you an accurate clock pulse with Stratum 1
>quality.  Cost: about 45K.

LINX has three of these, with a view to providing a good source of NTP
time in London, in a co-location facility which just happens to be on
the meridian, and whose roof we found accessible...

We encourage all our members, where appropriate, to use this local
source of time.

http://www.linx.net/press/releases/046.thtml
              Roland Perry | tel: +44 20 7645 3505 | roland at linx.org
Director of Public Policy | fax: +44 20 7645 3529 | http://www.linx.net
  London Internet Exchange | mbl: +44 7909 68 0005 |       /contact/roland