WANTED: ISPs with DDoS defense solutions

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Thu Jul 31 18:09:34 UTC 2003

> What we need is a new programming paradigm, capable of actually producing
> secure (and, yes, reliable) software.  C and its progeny (and "program
> now, test never" lifestyle) must go.  I'm afraid it'll take laws which
> would actually make software makers to pay for bugs and security
> vulnerabilities in shipped code to make such paradigm shift a reality.

Blaming the tools for the mistakes programmers make is like saying "guns kill people"
when the truth is that people kill people with guns.

We´ve code running, where the core parts are C and has a track record better
than the "utopian" five nines so many people mistakenly look for.

However, since improvements are always welcome, please recommend tools which
would allow us to progress "above and beyond" C and it´s deficencies.

Pete