North America not interested in IP V6

Ben Buxton B.Buxton at Planettechnologies.nl
Thu Jul 31 13:48:22 UTC 2003

And further to this...will it be required (or wise at all) to register
individual /48 delegations when it becomes commonplace to allocate them
to standard home users?

Some private home users might be unhappy that their full home address,
etc
is available to anyone who knows that their ip address(es) are...

I recall reading somewhere that it would not be necessary to register
individual /48 subnets into RIPE. For one, it'd probably breach European
privacy rules.

Plus, putting in and maintaining hundreds of thousands of entries (we
have a
lot of users) would be quite impractical.

BB