North America not interested in IP V6

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Wed Jul 30 16:30:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:58:34 +0100 (BST)
 neil at DOMINO.ORG (Neil J. McRae) wrote:

> > Here at DE-CIX (www.de-cix.net) I can see that more and more ISP are
> joining
> > the IPv6 trial (http://www.de-cix.net/info/decix-ipv6/) . Currently already
> > 20% of all ~120 ISP at DE-CIX have IPv6 enabled.
>
> I'd be more interested in seeing how many customer connections
> are using IPV6.

This question came up in discussions at IETF-57, without a good answer.

As some of you may know,
I keep track of various metrics concerning multicast (displayed at
http://www.multicasttech.com/status ).
Does anyone do anything similar for IPv6 ? The only thing I am aware
of is in the I2 netflows, http://netflow.internet2.edu/weekly/ ,
which lately shows < a tenth of a % of Abilene traffic as IPv6.
Is there any more systematic IPv6 measurement work ?

Regards
Marshall Eubanks