What you don't want to hear from a peer

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Fri Jul 25 19:29:13 UTC 2003

I think its safe to post this now... the AS who asked me this now seems
to be gone.  Keep in mind we're just a po' little school under the El in
Chicago and the network asking was a seemingly large Central/South
American provider who was bringing in an OC12 to AADS (compared to our
OC3).  Maybe it'll help start the weekend with a smile.

  Subject: Re: peering at the aads
  Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:45:52 -0500

  John .

  I have two question if you can help me .

  1) Do we have to use the bgp-password ?

  2) Can depaul adv our asn's and Ip out , We are almost dead in the
     water ,we have 20 peers but no traffic , we need 3M is that
     possible ?

John