source filtering (Re: rfc1918 ignorant)

variable at ednet.co.uk variable at ednet.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 12:44:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	I think you'll see more and more networks slowly over
> time move closer to bcp38.

Is there anywhere that this is recorded?  It would be interesting to see
what the actual state of play on implementation of BCP38 was.

> I believe that AT&T is the only "tier-1" provider that is in full
> compliance with this.

We've asked other tier-1's about BCP38 and were completely underwhelmed by
the response.  If you believe in the BCPs then I guess you just have to
vote with your feet and try to use transit providers which comply with
them.

We've been trying to get transit from AT&T in London for a while now, but
they're obviously spending all their efforts on blocking RFC1918 traffic
rather than talking to prospective customers.  :-S

Rich