rfc1918 ignorant

Ben Buxton B.Buxton at Planettechnologies.nl
Wed Jul 23 13:11:04 UTC 2003

Uhhh...PMTU-d can break as routers will send back icmp cant-frag
packets from those link addresses and rpf, filtering, etc will
bring tcp connections to a standstill.

Don't filter rfc1918? umm good luck convincing the rest of the
net to eliminiate their filters. The basic premise of building
public networks is that you have to work around other peoples
policies. If it's corporate nets, then sure you can control it
all, but not here.

Though the PMTU-d point is arguable (what are your internal links doing
with
crummy MTU, for example).

BB