Cisco vulnerability and dangerous filtering techniques

jgraun at comcast.net jgraun at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 14:58:22 UTC 2003

That is a bit paranoid, but it could happen.  I have not seen anybody do
anything that intelligent in the past couple of years.  Not to say that there
arent people out there that couldn't do that but I think many have thought of
using one exploit to expose another, DDoS is the closest I have seen on any of
my honeypots.  I have learned many things about what most people will try to
get into a box from the honeypots, but that is a good point.  Filtering or
patching should take place on the edge and on the most critical spots on your
network.

Good Luck