Working vulnerability? (Cisco exploit)

Steve Francis steve at expertcity.com
Sat Jul 19 15:12:41 UTC 2003

Paul Vixie wrote:

>I'd estimate than less
>than a tenth of a percent (that's 0.1%) of edge paths use RPF, even
>though BCP38 states the case clearly and the technology makes it easy

"Makes it easy" if you live in an Internet with a number of routes
significantly less than the limit imposed for having stable RPF enabled
on your devices, or have devices without bugs in RPF checking when said
limit is spotted vaguely across the horizon.

I dont seem to be in either of those places. (Although I have not
sacrificed a router in the last upgrade version or two to see if things
have improved.)