[Patching for Cisco vulnerability]

Joshua Sahala joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Fri Jul 18 21:42:53 UTC 2003

"Irwin Lazar" <ILazar at burtongroup.com> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, are folks just applying the Cisco patch or do you go

> through some sort of testing/validation process to ensure that the patch
> doesn't cause any other problems?  Given typical change management
> procedures how long is taking you to get clearance to apply the patch?
>
> I'm trying here to gauge the length of time before this vulnerability is
closed out.

> irwin

it will be 'closed' probably about the same time that code red goes
away....there
will be routers sitting somewhere that are not upgraded (whether due to
insufficient hardware or skill or because they are in storage).  yes the
publicity
will help, but there is/was a lot of publicity other exploits/holes, and they
are still
there.

/joshua

"Walk with me through the Universe,
 And along the way see how all of us are Connected.
 Feast the eyes of your Soul,
 On the Love that abounds.
 In all places at once, seemingly endless,
 Like your own existence."
     - Stephen Hawking -