Patching for Cisco vulnerability

Jason Frisvold friz at corp.ptd.net
Fri Jul 18 19:41:21 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 15:37, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> > I don't think it will ever truly go away..  there are lots of "older"
> > routers that won't be able to support the newer code, albeit small
> > routers like the 2500's, but they'll exist..
>
> Yes I have some old routers (2500s) for which no code exists which is patched
> and small enough to sit in the flash/memory... acl acl !

And given the low processing power of those routers, acl's hurt ... :(

--
---------------------------
Jason H. Frisvold
friz at corp.ptd.net
RedHat Engineer - RHCE # 807302349405893
Cisco Certified - CCNA # CSCO10151622
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles
the world."
      -- Albert Einstein [1879-1955]