Fixed IOS datestamps?

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Thu Jul 17 23:11:27 UTC 2003

* steve at skyriver.net (Steve Rude) [Fri 18 Jul 2003, 01:08 CEST]:
> Quick question, I'm not sure if this is applicable, but I am having some
> confusion of what versions of code to upgrade to, and a call to the TAC
> didn't help. All apologies if this is off topic at all.
>
> We are currently running 12.2(8)T5 on several of our 2600 series routers
> and according to the advisory, we should upgrade to 12.2(8)T10 to get
> the fix.  I downloaded 12.2(8)T10, and the date is June 16th.  ??  What
> gives, that seems really old for a rebuild.

Discussion on cisco-nsp (where your question is much more applicable) is
that Cisco has known about this bug for a while and has been building
images before going public, so yeah, that could work.

> The same thing with 12.2(15)T5, the date is June 25th.  Am I downloading
> the right code?

According to the advisory you are.

You write that calling the TAC didn't help.  Did you ask them "Does
12.2(15)T5 contain the fix for this bug?" and were they unable to answer
that?  That sounds... improbable.

	-- Niels.

--
   <anselm> rather than calling it bluetooth the protocol should be called
            'erikson wireless cellphone earpiece protocol' since that seems