Mark Allman: Internet measurement: what next?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Jul 8 19:59:58 UTC 2003

Matt Levine wrote:

> Gomez seems to be trying to do this, with a monetary incentive:
>
> http://www.porivo.com/peernetwork/jsp/index.jsp

Test is narrowed to webserver performance and is limited in the actual
test methods. From what I can tell, it says nothing about network
performance except in the most general aspects (I can download a page
from network X faster than network Y). Since it is testing webservers
and workload is provided by a central site, there is no peer to peer
interaction or discovery. The RIPE-NNC tests are much more related to
what I was refering to, although they are limited in many reguards.

-Jack